Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Baby

As many of you already know, we found out what our baby is this past week. It was Jer's first time to an appointment with me, so he'd never seen the baby live on the ultrasound. He kept saying how weird it was that there was this little baby moving around in me. When the ultrasound tech told us what we were having, he was a little disbelieving. Not because it wasn't what he wanted, but because he didn't really know what he was looking at on the screen, so the tech got lots of good pictures/positions to prove that she's 100% positive that our baby is a GIRL! We, of course, are super excited. I'm so relieved that everything looks normal on her too.
It's fitting that we're having a girl, a boy would have been fun too, but that's all either side of our families is having these days. We even just found out that we'll be getting another nephew on my side around the same time, along with the nephew on Jer's side just a few weeks before. Our little girl (wow, that's still a little weird to say) will be surrounded by boy cousins her age, they'll be fun to watch.
After watching the DVD of the ultrasound, I realized why I've been extra sore lately, and not just where the ligaments are stretching. Our sweet little girl looks to be a kick-boxer, and even though I can't feel all of her movement, apparently I can feel the after-effects of them.
I wanted to post some of the ultrasound pictures, but our scanner is being mean and not working, so I'll try to post them another time.
20 weeks down, 20 to go!

9 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

CONGRATS!!! You will be a great mom!

Ashley said...

That's super exciting. I always look at little girl clothes. I think it would be so fun to dress up a little girl.

Anonymous said...

congratulations on having a girl. When she gets older, she will love helping you do laundry, dishes, and everything that you don't need her help on. I love having girls first because they will help with there siblings a little and sometimes a little too much. I am excited for you.

Melissa and Mike said...

Yay! Girls are so much fun! So are you going to share your name ideas for your sweet thing? So excited for you guys!

Lindsay said...

yay! congrats! I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pink frilliness that comes with having a girl! :) Congrats!

ali-dot-e said...

Congratulations again!! I am so excited for you guys and am glad that everything looks good! You will be great parents!

Ryan and Ashley said...

Yea a Girl! I am so excited for you. How are you feeling? When are you due again I can't remember?

Becky said...

Oh! I love you and your cute baby girl. I'm so excited for you guys. I continue to pray for you that everything will go well. There are few things in life that make me as happy as seeing those I love (like you!) being blessed with the righteous desires of the heart!

Tarah said...

Ooooo...little girls are so much fun. I hope my next one is a girl. You get to dress her up in bows and bracelets, and cute little dresses and just lots of love...ooo congrats!