Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pumpkins and Cupcakes

We don't really get in to Halloween around here, it makes me a little sad because I used to love getting all dressed up and answering the door for the cute little trick-or-treaters. We didn't even have candy this year, I felt really bad about that. Maybe next year things will be a little different.
Even though we don't do much, we did do our annual pumpkin carving at Jer's parent's house last week, which is always a good time.This is my ugly bird-witch. It didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, mostly because I was planning on carving the whole thing, but the warty pumpkins have THE WORST rind to cut through, it was almost impossible to just cut around the stem as it was.This is Jer's awesome tribute to one of his favorite bands, 311. I think it looks really cool, he did a good job with it.
It's always funny to watch the kids being crazy and creative with their own pumpkins, this annual activity might be one of our favorites.

Tonight for family dinner I'm in charge of dessert, and decided to make some Halloweenish themed cupcakes. I've been wanting cupcakes all week, but didn't have a reason to make any, until today. I think they turned out cute. They're lemon flavored with vanilla icing. On some I put toasted coconut, and on others I added, with some melted chocolate chips, ghost faces. (sorry the pic isn't so great, but you get the idea, right?)I've taste-tested them, they're good. Hopefully everyone else will think they're as tasty and cute as I do, although I'm nowhere near as talented as my friend Emily-the cupcake making queen!

We hope you all had a safe and fun Halloween!

No comments: